29 Sep Understanding Trauma Knowledgeable Yoga as a Scholar and Trainer with Taylor Wray
Greater than half of adults expertise at the least one traumatic occasion of their lives. As much as 45% of recent dad and mom report their start was traumatic. Given the prevalence of trauma in our inhabitants and particularly the perinatal group, it’s essential that one’s yoga apply helps therapeutic not additional set off trauma.
For yoga lecturers it’s vital to grasp tips on how to help college students with information of trauma knowledgeable yoga. As practitioners, figuring out tips on how to adapt your individual apply from a trauma-informed lens and what boundaries to count on out of your instructor, might assist help your therapeutic.
On this episodes of Yoga|Delivery|Infants, I converse with Taylor Wray, Trauma Knowledgeable Yoga Specialist. Taylor explains how trauma impacts the physique and mind. She additionally shares the principle rules of trauma knowledgeable yoga. Taylor talks about triggers which will unknowingly be in a normal class and the way college students and lecturers can pay attention to them.
On this episode you’ll study:
- About Taylor and what lead her to check trauma knowledgeable yoga.
- What’s trauma knowledgeable yoga?
- The principle rules of trauma knowledgeable yoga.
- How trauma can have an effect on the physique and the mind.
- Cues, changes, sequences, and poses in a normal yoga class which will unknowingly set off individuals.
- How trauma knowledgeable sequencing differ from a typical sequence.
- Methods contact ought to or shouldn’t be utilized in courses.
- How college students can discuss to their instructor about hand on changes or different triggers they might have.
- Discussing tips on how to method language and yoga cueing in a trauma knowledgeable method.
- Instruments a yoga instructor can instantly begin to implement of their courses.
- Taylor provides one remaining tip and piece of recommendation for yoga lecturers about trauma knowledgeable yoga.
- The place to seek out Taylor’s work!
About Taylor Wray
Taylor began her yoga journey over 15 years in the past and now leads 200 Hour Yoga Trainer Trainings, Persevering with Schooling Trainings, Yoga Trainer Teaching Packages and Retreats. Certainly one of her specialties is Trauma knowledgeable yoga.
Taylor continues her devoted yoga apply as a scholar and instructor and has been lucky to have studied with a number of the most impactful yoga lecturers world wide; like Shiva Rea, Briohny Smyth, Cube Ida-Klein, Honza and Claudine Lafond, Seane Corn, Hala Khouri, Suzanne Sterling and was deeply impressed by my very first yoga lecturers Alex Austin, Jenn Chiarelli, and John Salisbury at At One Yoga.
Taylor at the moment teaches many types of yoga – Vinyasa Circulation, Mild Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Yoga Nidra, Guided Meditation and Trauma-Knowledgeable Yoga. All of her courses are taught with a trauma-informed lens.
Join with Taylor:
- Instagram: @taylor_wrayyoga
Assist Our Sponsors:
- Somfy: Be taught extra about Somfy powered motorized window coverings, or join with a Somfy supplier in your space to get a custom-made quote in your dwelling by visiting somfysystems.com/podcast.
- Rebellion Meals: Rebellion is providing our listeners $10 off the starter bundle! That features two superfood cubes and 4 pack of freedom chips to strive! Go to www.UPRISINGFOOD.com/YBB
In the event you love what you’ve been listening to, please go away a score and overview! Yoga| Delivery|Infants
To attach with Deb and the PYC Neighborhood:
Instagram & Fb: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Heart